Electrical CAD/Revit Technician / Assistant Estimator
NEI Electric is an established electrical design-build contractor with offices in the Twin Cities and Western Wisconsin. Our employees are growth oriented, well trained, conscientious, community minded people and our Saint Paul office needs a quality individual to add to our staff.
The primary functions of this role include, but not limited to: Operates computer aided drafting (CAD) system, building information modeling (BIM) system and peripheral equipment, also exercises considerable skill in the use of graphics commands and preprogrammed material to develop drawings.
· Create quick actions utilizing the command language of the system to assist in drawing creation.
· Utilize knowledge of mathematics in the preparation of drawings.
· Perform routine to complex assignments requiring a thorough knowledge of CAD and BIM system standards, practices, and techniques.
· Develop increased proficiency in system operation with a resulting increase in productivity, and learns how to use all software options.
· Analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine best approach to complete drawings.
· Apply judgment and makes decisions with respect to drawings and input interpretation.
· Review work performed to determine accuracy with input from supervisor.
· Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Assist in gathering, calculating and compiling data for use in bid proposal estimates for one or more discipline areas.
· Calculate various statistical data – quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment, etc.
· Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
· Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents.
· Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
· Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
· Educational and experience requirements include: High school diploma/GED, at least two to three years experienced performing computer aided drafting (CAD) at the level I position. This level is also the entry position for incumbents with a degree in engineering or drafting technology and no experience. Position’s responsibilities can be learned through on-the-job training.
NEI Electric offers a highly competitive salary with bonus opportunities and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending plan, and vacation time.
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com